Families choose The Novus Academy because they are seeking the best educational environment available for their children. Students come because they desire a new beginning and are motivated to learn. When they leave, they have skills to succeed – and they do.
Who Should Apply?
The Novus Academy is designed for bright, creative students in grades K-12 with learning differences, high achieving students with cognitive difficulties, and students with high cognitive abilities and above average academic performance.
The Novus Academy accepts students who are struggling in traditional classrooms because:
- Their reading, writing, mathematics, and/or organizational skills may be below their cognitive potential.
- They are overwhelmed by the demands of tasks, class sizes, and peer interactions.
- They are not receiving the support they desire in large schools and classrooms.
We work with students who have one or more of the following:
- Cognitive Abilities in Average to Very High Ranges with or without Learning Differences
- Dyslexia/Reading Disorder
- Dysgraphia/Disorder of Written Language
- Dyscalculia/Mathematics Disorder
- Expressive/Receptive Language Disorder
- Executive Function Weaknesses
- Attention Deficit Disorder
We consider students with:
- Cognitive Abilities in below average ranges
- Nonverbal Learning Disabilities
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Developmental Delay
- Asperger’s Syndrome
We are unable to appropriately meet the needs of students with significant emotional and/or behavioral disorders, or students that require 1 : 1 support.
Our students benefit from evidence-based, high-quality, comprehensive, and meaningful educational programming. To achieve success, our students must be able to learn within group settings. We do not provide “one-on-one” instruction and are unable to meet the needs of students that require Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) support.
The Novus Academy is an inclusive, non-discriminatory learning community dedicated to embracing diversity and honoring differences. We welcome students of any race, color, ethnic origin, religion, or gender/sexual orientation whose needs we are able to meet within our educational programs.
To begin the process click here.