1. Contact and Visit
If you feel The Novus Academy might be the right school for your child and family, please do one or both of the following:
- Review our Website.
- Attend a school tour. School Tours take place every Monday morning. They begin at 7:50 a.m. and conclude by 9:00 a.m. You will experience the beginning of our school day and will tour the campus. This is an opportunity to gain an overview of our school. It is not a time to meet with staff to have individual questions addressed or spend time observing in classrooms. Call ahead to make sure school is in session and a tour is being held.
2. Obtain and Complete an Application for Enrollment Consideration.
- Download the Application for Enrollment Consideration. Click Here (this file can be completed from a PDF reader, browser based viewers do not support all functionality) When complete please press ‘submit’ button at end of last page. Print completed form to return with other required paper work. OR Contact, or visit the school to obtain the necessary paperwork.
- Gather the required documents for submission: completed application for Enrollment Consideration, most recent assessment/testing information, copy of most recent report card, student work samples, teacher and administrator information forms from the school your child currently attends
3. Submit required documents for Review
- Send all required materials to: The Novus Academy, 204 North Dooley, Grapevine, Texas 76051.
- If you would like to scan and email the documents, please send them to gro.ymedacasuvoneht@snoissimda
When The Novus Academy staff have determined that the Application is complete and all required information has been received, your child’s documents will be reviewed. At the conclusion of the review process, you will be contacted by a member of The Novus Academy staff.
4. Invitation for a School Visit
- If it is determined that The Novus Academy might be an appropriate setting, you will be scheduled for an appointment. This appointment will include an interview and opportunity for you to meet with a member of the staff to enable you to gain additional information.
- At the conclusion of your appointment, if it is felt that The Novus Academy could be the right school for your child, a 2 day visit will be scheduled. Your child will visit Novus 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and will participate in all age and grade appropriate activities that occur during the school day.
If a review of the documents submitted indicates that The Novus Academy would not be an appropriate placement for your child, you will be notified by a member of the school staff. When possible we make recommendations regarding other options you may pursue.
5. Receiving a Decision
- Throughout the 2 day visit, staff will work with and observe your child.
- He/she will be assessed to determine present levels of performance.
- All information will be shared with Novus administrative and admissions staff.
- If the decision is made to offer enrollment to your child, you will receive an Admissions letter.
- You will have 2 weeks to decide whether you plan to accept the offer.
- If your Registration Fee is not received within two weeks we will assume you are declining the offer.
- If you decline the offer and decide at a later date that you would like your child to attend our school, you will need to reapply. Prior acceptance is not a guarantee that we can meet the future needs of your child. If an appropriate opening exists at the time you reapply, we may be able to enroll your child.
- If the decision is made NOT to offer enrollment to your child, you will receive notice from a staff member. When possible we will make recommendations regarding other options you may pursue.
To find out more about The Novus Academy, please call us at 817-488-4555 or contact us to schedule a tour of our facility.